Dancehall artiste Vybrant Faya lost his life on Sunday, October 23 in a motorbike accident on the Tema motorway.
The musician joins several entertainers Ghana has lost in the year 2016. Dklassgh.com gives you some facts you never knew about the “Mampi” hitmaker.
1. His real name was Emmanuel Kojo Quayeson.
2. He was born on April 13, 1987, in Tema, but grew up at Ashaiman.
3. He was an IT technician by trade before jumping into the music business.
4. He was discovered in 2011 by the international dancehall promoter Mr Logic upon his return to Ghana from Jamaica.
5. He was previously known as Skelloh when he started music but Mr. Logic gave him the name Vybrant Faya.
6. It was Mr Logic who gave him all the needed training and principles of the dancehall music including the language and lifestyle.
7. He was signed to the Shatta Movement Family record label in 2013.
8. And subsequently released his first major hit “Mampi” on the label in 2014.
9. He was nominated for the Best New Artiste of the Year, 2014 and Best Reggae/Dancehall Song 2014 at the Ghana music awards.
10. The ‘Vybrant Faya Live in Concert’ is held every December to give his fans in deprived areas the chance to enjoy their favourite dancehall musicians for free.
11. Vybrant Faya left behind five siblings; four boys and a girl.